Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Facebook Should Buy Craigslist

About 6 years ago, I attempted to build a Social Media site that combined all the beautiful parts of MySpace with all the best parts of Craigslist. It was awesome.... to the degree that I was ever the only member. What I thought brilliant of my idea was that it leant credibility to the items listed for sale to have the persons Social Media account bound to the item.

If Facebook were to buy Craigslist, they could put Craigslist Items on an "Items for sale by me" page. Craigslist could add credibility to it's listings by verifying the person's identity with their Facebook account. If someone ripped you off by selling you a car with a Lien on the title, you could track them down through their friends list. Also, when you posted an item for sale, you could send it instantly to all the friends on your friends list.

No comments:

Post a Comment